Johann Heinrich Lambert: CorrespondenceAs many of his contemporaries, Lambert had a vast correspondence with a wide variety of people. Although his correspondence was never published in a historical-critical edition, a rather large portion of his correspondence (mainly the correspondence in German) has been published, thanks to Johann III Bernoulli, and later on, thanks to Karl Bopp.
1. Deutscher gelehrter Briefwechsel, 5 Bände, Berlin, Selbstverlag (1781-1787)
Edited by Johann III Bernoulli, with notes and additions by Lambert's correspondents that were sollicited by Bernoulli to complement the correspondence.
- Band 1: Correspondence with Georg Jonathan von Holland; Immanuel Kant(3)
- Band 2: Correspondence with various persons, amongst them Baum, Röhl, Mayer and Lichtenberg(3)
- Band 3: Correspondence with the mechanic G.F. Brander(3)
- Band 4: Correspondence with Prälat von Felbiger, Isaac Wolfram(3)
- Band 5: Correspondence with A. Felkel, C.F. Hindenburg(3)
- Leonhard Eulers und Johann Heinrich Lamberts Briefwechsel (1924)
- J.H. Lamberts und A.G. Kaestners Briefe aus den Gothaer Manuskripten herausgegeben (1928)
- Correspondence entre Daniel Bernoulli et Jean-Henry Lambert, ed. by Patricia Radelet de Grave, Volker Scheuber (1979)